Sunday, June 29, 2008

Waking up in the rain

We woke up this morning to the sound of drizzle. Not the kind that will go away in a few minutes like the afternoon rains we have been having, the kind that might just stay all day. I groaned--getting ready for church is a challenge anyway now we have lousy weather to affect moods and routines. We made it to church a little late, but dry. Tabitha wore her tennis shoes again, because that's all we could find.

I woke up with a headache and a heartache with the normal mother feelings that affect all stay at home moms at some time or another--under appreciation. Todd tried to be supportive. I got to talk to some people at church about things that had nothing to do with me which helped me refocus. Then I got to go to Meijer all by myself. I missed a few things on my list, but got myself some sterling earrings that were 70% off. I can't find any earrings right now so these will be my summer in the barn earrings. Hopefully I will not loose them.

Later this evening, after a nap, we went to the storage unit and got our "real" mattress. No more futon lumps for me. We also stopped at the local ice cream place (there is one in every small town). That helped too.

Yesterday the footings were formed. Tomorrow they are supposed to start the foundation and finish this week. Then, we are told, it will take off from there. I will get some pictures. The big trucks are fascinating to all of us especially Daniel. I guess the next few weeks will be a bunch of big trucks to stay clear of and to entertain us.

No comments: