Sunday, October 26, 2008

counting down

We are planning to move into our new home on November 8th.

We know it won't be "done", but it will be done enough.

I was looking back a few weeks and I was bemoaning waking up to 55 degrees. Well last week it was 41 in the barn when we awoke more than once (while Todd was in Brazil needing air conditioning) and with the weather forcast for the next few days it will be that cold again. We try to be safe with the kerosene so we turn them off while we are sleeping, so waking it always cold. The night the children slept the best was the night they found the winter hats, mittens and gloves in the barn loft and slept with them on. Tonight T went to bed with a ski mask type hat on. Maybe she will sleep all night again so I can wake up without having a painfully stiff back.

Ryan will start the hardwood floors tomorrow so we don't know how much work in the house we will be able to do. Painting except some minor touch-ups is done. Todd started on doors and trim upstairs this weekend and made great progress, but it is not done yet. I still have to work on getting excess grout off the tile in my bathroom. There is still wood that needs polyurethane. Knobs can go on cabinets. And the list goes on and on.

I finally got to enjoy MY bathtub. It wasn't HOT, but warm enough. I took the last of the hot water for Satuday night baths.

No comments: